There are so many of you who want to come cheer Brett and his team on for their championship game tomorrow. So here are the details:
Kickoff- 1:30 PM
Opponent- Alta Gray
Location- West Hills Middle School, field #3
8270 So. Grizzly Way (5290 W.)
We would love to see a huge turnout to cheer the team on!
On another note, I would like to express my love and thanks to so many of you who have helped us out in any way. I am completely taken back by the outpouring of service and thoughtfulness of so many people!
Yesterday I went to lunch with my friends Cam and Em. Of course they wouldn't let me pay for lunch and despite my arguing they won! I also received the most beautiful pink breast cancer bracelet hand made by Cami. I was so touched and I will be wearing it everywhere so Cami you better make some more. I already have some people who want to buy one. Later that night I went to dinner with my sissy's, mom and GG to celebrate our sis-in-laws birthday. I was so touched by the sweet and thoughtful gifts they gave me, even though it wasn't me we were celebrating. The gifts they gave me were things to help bring me comfort in the upcoming months when I will be going through treatment. Just these little kind acts have really boosted my spirits!
Of course Mr. tough but sweet G is preparing our house so I will be comfortable. He installed a new sprinkle rain shower head with a hand held faucet so it is easier for me to shower. He also had a new couch delivered to put in our master bed tv room where I will be recovering so I can relax and be super cozy.
I have just a couple of more days before my surgery and I have complete confidence in the doctors that are going to take care of me. But I am worried about how I will feel and look? A big part of me is being a strong and feminine woman. Will that be gone once I have a mastectomy? I know that the next several months are going to be difficult but after all of my treatments then what? I can't help but feel and know, because so many have told me so, that things are going to work out in the end. I hope that I am still me when it is all done. This process has really had me digging deep into myself to find the strength I know I am going to need.
I love the reactions that I get from children. I got an email today from a wonderful friend who took her daughter somewhere that had a wishing well. I just copied and pasted it from her email....this is my good friend writing..."One more thought worth mentioning, Jada made a wish the day after the Sunday Fast, in a wishing well. Unprompted she said: 'I wish Matt's sister will be perfect.' It was the cutest thing ever. You are all in our constant thoughts and prayer.
Amy
I'm thankful she wants me to be perfect and I'm even more thankful that she thought I was Matt's sister!
My sweet little primary children are so concerned and it actually helps me when I comfort them and tell them that I am going to get better. They have such strong faith. I received a card from one of the girls that said she knew I was going to get better because she is praying for me. From my sweet niece who told me that it is scary putting your life in the hands of doctors but the knowledge and technology they have today will make me better. One of my friends who I haven't talked to in a while sent me a card thanking me for the blog because it was an inspiration to her. I have received over 3 dozen cards, letters and flowers! Wow! I can't believe it. The compassion from all of you has been incredible.
Thank you thank you and again...Hugs all around
Chandy
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Chandy...I don't know if you remember me..Lauren sent me a link to your blog and I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and praying for you....I have been inspired reading yours and Gary's thoughts...You are a strong tough beautiful woman...and nothing will take that from you! Hope you don't mind me leaving a comment, I just wanted to say thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment