Friday morning came and I was still pretty sore. I really didn't sleep too well because I can't lay flat or on my side. I have to sleep halfway leaning up. The pain meds helped some and it was actually kind of nice to take a day and just relax and try to recover. Special thanks to my mom and sisters who came to take care of me.
I also want to thank our ward Relief Society. They have done so much. We have had so much food delivered we could have fed a third world country with some of it.
I was sorry that I had to miss Brett's football team banquet. I was so looking forward to having a fun night with them as they celebrated a very successful season. The kids on Brett's team were such good kids. I am still so touched every time I think of them playing their hearts out with little pink circle stickers on the back of their helmets. One of the parents on the team took the coolest picture of them celebrating after the game and you can see the pink stickers there. G says that the banquet was a lot of fun and each of the boys received a framed action shot of them during the games.
A number of the mom's on the team put together a basket of gifts for me that was so thoughtful. They gave me lotion, pink bootie slippers and some comfy pajamas. I have already worn the pajamas and they are absolutely perfect. The players on the team all signed a get well card for me and I love the things they wrote. What good kids!
Saturday was a good day. I was feeling well enough to get out of the house and get some fresh air. My mom took me to Fantastic Sams and I got my hair washed and styled and I felt so much better. Then she took me to lunch. It was so nice to get out. Later that night I went with G and Dustin to his basketball practice at the Dimple Dell Rec Center. We watched Dusty play while we walked around the elevated track. I'm glad I'm able to walk some but it was a little irritating that I was done after a couple of laps when I've ran 5 and 6 miles on that very track only a couple weeks ago. Talk about a setback!
I wasn't able to go to church on Sunday and G stayed home to look after me. We were able to get out and walk about half a mile. It pretty well sapped my strength but I think I'm progressing...baby steps.
As we were walking back from the park a car pulled up and the windows came down and I saw a car full of beautiful young girls from my primary! I was so excited to see them but I wondered why they weren't in class. Hmmmm and their primary teacher was driving. They were so nice and asked how I was doing and told me they loved me. They also said when you get home there will be six little surprises on your doorstep.
I hurried at my snail-like pace where for once I'm slower than G, and I saw six hand decorated sugar cookies individually wrapped from these sweet angels. G and I sat down and read their thoughtful messages of faith, courage and strength. I don't think these girls know how this impacts my life and how it lifts my spirits. Thank you, thank you, thank you to these girls and Sis Bodel!
I was pooped out from the incredible distance we had traveled, so I went upstairs to rest. It was time for G to strip my drain lines and empty the fluid from my drains. He has done this morning and night since I got home from the hospital. It's not a pleasant job but he doesn't complain. He is still my little "yes man" and takes good care of me.
While I was resting we heard voices outside our windows from our front yard. We were expecting our boys to be home from church so we assumed it was them. G went down to the front door to let them in and he couldn't believe the crowd of children in our front yard sticking little pink heart signs all over our lawn and taping them to our front door. He called me down the stairs and told me I needed to come look outside. I had butterflies in my stomach because I didn't know what to expect. As soon as I came down the door was open and I could see the yard full of my primary kids and they began to sing "I am a Child of God"! I was immediately overcome with emotion, but I had to hold it in because it hurts to cry. I sat down on the first step of our porch to catch my breath and just enjoyed the sweet sound of these angelic children singing to me. Some of them were as teary eyed as me!
Each primary child had made a sign with a personal message for me. When they were done I blew them kisses and told them I couldn't hug them yet but I would soon and thanked them for what they had done. Special thanks also to their teachers and the other members of my presidency for helping them do this.
I was also thankful that a lot of the members of Gary's family came to visit. However, after about 45 minutes of visiting with them I got awful woozy and as much as I was enjoying their visit I didn't want to pass out in front of them. I excused myself and went back upstairs to rest. Thank you for coming to visit me and also thank you for the flowers, balloons and goodies. It's so nice to see you.
Monday was a day of recovery. It was rest and relaxation. It was percocets, antibiotics and sleep and then repeat. That pretty well covers the whole day. I think I may have overdone it on Saturday and Sunday.
Next step. Meeting with Dr. Rasmussen and Dr. Ferguson on Tuesday morning.
Chandy
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment