Monday, November 10, 2008

I am a Child of God Program

Wow! Sunday was such a wonderful and beautiful day. To start things off, the primary boy I told you about a few posts ago started off the program with a tribute/dedication to me. I had no idea they were going to do that. G had pink wristbands made for all the kids in primary. On one side it says my name and on the other is says "I believe." So he talked about how they wear the wristbands as a reminder for them to pray for my recovery. Ya so I started off the program with crying. You're not supposed to cry until its all over, but no not me, I am little miss emotional lately and cried through most of the program. It wasn't a good thing for me to be crying either because I was helping our chorister out with the posters and singing so all the primary children were watching me. I would hide my face behind the posters if I got to weepy so I wouldn't worry the kids.

Then after the dedication they sang "Holding Hands Around the World." As they sang they held hands and walked into the chapel and up onto the stand. All the children wore white and holy cow what a sight it was to see all these sweet and innocent little children holding hands and singing about the love they have for children all around the world. Our little Matty sang a duet with our little neighbor girl and they were the cutest things ever! I hope one day they get married and they can reminiscence about singing together when they were 5 years old. Yes I got a little teary eyed again. The remainder of the program went flawlessly and the spirit of the children radiated throughout everyone. We had so many people comment on a job well done. The closing song was "I Am a Child of God" I couldn't hold in my gushing flow of tears any longer. I cried so hard I finally sat down so I could compose myself and hope that the children would continue singing even though I was blubbering! They finished with beauty and class that only children know how to do.

At the end of the day we had our family prayer and explained to the boys what is going to happen this week. We told them they were going to have to step up and help out because things were going to be hard for the next little while. After we sent the boys to bed Brett came into my office and he had his hands full of money! A lot of money! Over $200 he has been saving. With tears in his sweet compassionate eyes he told me to take all of his money to help pay for the expenses of my cancer. He gave me the money and fell into my arms and just cried. I was so shocked by this sweet gesture I didn't even know what to do except hold him and cry with him. I gave the money back and reassured him that we were okay with the expenses and he didn't need to give me his hard earned money. He was reluctant to take the money back but finally did.

So the next big step is Wednesday. My surgery will last approximately 3 hours. I am sure G will post later that day about how things went.

Thank you to all of you for your continuous prayers and support. I couldn't get through a single day without all of the love I feel from each of you!

4 comments:

Pilvi said...

Sweet Chandy,
You will be in our prayers all wednesday !!!!!

Jeff, Erin, Macy, Owen& June said...

It was a great program! I cried myself when I saw all the cute kids in white. What a sweet spirit they bring with them! I will be thinking of you! You are always in our prayers! I am so happy to have met you and your cute family!

Spendlove said...

Wow Sis! Thank you so much for the invite to watch little Matt and your primary kids sing. It was so spiritual and uplifting. You are an unbelievable source of strength. I am overcome with emotion by your courage and spirit. I know if any one can do this, you can. As Tana said, "Little girl, big attitude!" You can do this! All my love

Bryan & Sarah said...

ok if I can see through my tears to type this..... Sweet Brett, that story has be bawling! I am so glad that I came to the program and saw all your adorable primary kids sing! My favorite part was Matt saying/singing the lines to "I am a Child of God" as fast as he can BEFORE the rest of the kids! LOL what a cute kid!

Oh and I second Tana's words!