
My sisters and sis-in-laws: Suzy, Hillary, Kim holding little Bella, and Angie. Not in pic my sis Sarah.

Miss Raquel Welch!
I bought this one! Notice my shirt. My sissy Angie made this for me! It says: "Of course they're fake! My real ones tried to kill me!" Love it!
This is my favorite one! I think I will wear this one a lot! Thanks to my sissy's for great opinions!
This is my friend Kim Hunt, she has colon cancer. This was her favorite wig! Very cute!
This is my friend Kim Hunt, she has colon cancer. This was her favorite wig! Very cute!
Getting ready for the wigs.
This is the favorite wig in a dark brown!
Same one in an auburn color!
The back of the long wig I bought. This one looks really cute under my hats.
This is the Miss Telemundo! Looking hot in platinum with dark brown eyebrows! We all laughed silly when I put this one on. We all thought that I could pass for a teenager again! That's awesome!
We had so much fun wig shopping that we are already planning another day when my sister's can try some on too! We laughed so hard we had to keep tissue handy to wipe away the tears. Having some great wigs has really lifted my spirits. I also ordered a bunch of hats and scarves that should be here at the end of the week. They will be great to for the gym and around the house. So I think I am ready for the big day!
I went grocery shopping, did all the laundry, organize the boys' schedule, made all the phone calls that I needed to make. So physically I think I am ready. Emotionally I am doing ok. Tonight we met at my parents house with all my siblings and spouses and the men gave me a priesthood blessing. My sweet husband G gave me the blessing and it was one of the most spiritual blessings I have ever heard. He has such a way with words and with really listening to the spirit. He told me after that he hasn't felt the spirit that deeply in a long time. At one point I could tell that he was right on the emotional edge, but he managed to compose himself and finish the blessing. The overall feeling I received was that I am going to have happiness through this long ordeal. I know that there are so many people praying for me and I feel that strength each and every day! That is what has kept me emotionally strong. He also said that when this is all done, I will be almost grateful for the experience. I could really feel the power of the priesthood rush through my entire body. The comfort and peace that this blessing has brought me is incredible! I will be forever in debt to G for that. He will never know how it has helped bring me the comfort that I so desperately needed.
After the blessing the girls came down to my house and my friend Dawn Peters came over. Dawn, my friend Cheryl Wallin and sissy Angie made me a gorgeous quilt. I was so touched to see the countless hours they spent on behalf of me. Thank you so much. I also received a quilt from my Dad's cousin, Kathie Horman. WOW! It too was so beautiful! The hours and hours it takes to make these one of a kind quilts truly has me speechless. I was telling my sisters tonight that when I am done with all my treatments, I need to have an open house so everyone can see the beautiful gifts. From blankets, jewelry, clothing, pictures, etc. etc. I am amazed that people have been so affected by my situation. It is a true testament to the power of love and compassion. After they left my dear sweet friend Cami came over with her hubbie and brother to bring me a necklace that matches the bracelet she already made for me, which I wear almost everyday. Her girls, Lexee and Carman made me earrings that match. I love them all! I can't wait to wear them around the town. They are so beautiful and even have little breast cancer awareness charms on them. They of course match all of the pink that I have in my closet.
I had to thank Cami again because this afternoon we took our kids to see High School Musical 3. My little Matt is a huge fan and he has been asking me for months to go and see it. In fact it was so good that on our way home we stopped at the store to buy the soundtrack so I can listen to it tomorrow during my infusion.
I almost forgot, I need to add the pictures of the wonderful surgeons who took the nasty beast out of me and then put me back together.

This is Dr. Rasmussen the general surgeon. He performed the bi-lateral mastectomy. He is also good friends with our neighbors. He is a fantastic doctor and I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a general surgeon!I will try and have G post tomorrow after my infusion. I should be finished around 4:00 as long as things go as planned. Thank you to each of you for all of our love and support. I feel that strength and can go in tomorrow knowing that there are oodles and oodles of people in my corner cheering me on.
Much Love Chandy


6 comments:
I love all the fun wig pictures!! Thanks for sharing them:) I'll be thinking about and praying for you today. I know you'll do great! You have such a positive outlook on everything, and I think that's half the battle. You're amazing!!
Much love,
xoxo
Kristen
LOVE the blonde wig pic!!! LOL that was such a fun day! And sis the reason why people have showered you with their love, affection, and gifts is because you are an AMAZING person and have affected peoples lives for years!
Luv ya
Sarah
I too love the wig pictures. I hope that today went well. I have been thinking about you! I will try and give you a call in a day or two to see how you are doing. Thanks for the friendship, it's been fun going to all the movies with you! Let's keep that tradition up:)
Hi Pretty Lady!! Love the pictures with the wigs! You look great in all of them.
You really could pull off any color in any style. Your beautiful. Thanks for the fun day. All my love!
Your blog cheered me up today looking at how beautiful you are in the wigs. I just wanted you to know that I am still praying for you today and thinking of you.
Allene
Post a Comment