Saturday, November 1, 2008

Today was a great day!

As many of you know our son Brett 13, had his football playoff game today. It was a nail bitter but they won 6-0! Yipee! So next Saturday they will play in the championship game aganist another Alta team. It should be a good game we will let you know the time and place and you all can come cheer the team on. You can also see G in action, he coaches the offensive side of the team. It is very fun to watch.

Tonight G and I went to the temple with my parents and siblings and their spouses. It was such a wonderful night. It has been a while since we have all been to the temple together so it was nice to bask in the spirit with family members.

I also got a phone call from a friend who is really good friends with the surgeon who is taking care of me. I felt such a comfort to know that we really did choose the right doctor to help me battle this yucky monster. I know that I am in good hands and that helps me get through each day. I am also comforted by the overwhelming love and support I feel from so many of you. I am just an ordinary person who has to deal with this very very scary thing and I feel so weak and vulnerable. But because of the outpouring of love, I have the strength to make it through each day and know that I have many many people boosting me up when I need it most.

So thanks again to all of you, I don't think I could ever repay all that love but it is a testimony to me that service is a wonderful thing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

chandy and Gary

Today was a good day! I think we were all taken back by the spirit of the night. There were angels there tonight, I think we all felt them. Thanks for letting me sit by you, it will be a cherished memory. I want to thank you and Gary for setting such an example to all of us. You two will always be remembered when any one of us need an example of courage. Big Hugs to you both. I love you
-H-

nsudburyfam said...

Chandy,
I'm happy to hear that you had a great day! We are so lucky to have temples near us, especially in times like these.
I don't think we will make it tomorrow, but you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers as we go through our day. Kaidan wanted to come with me and tell you that you can beat this! She is so strong and has gone through over a year of chemo with over a year still to go and your fighting attitude reminds me of her. ( she's just not as good at typing it up on a blog:) ) Because of what we have experienced with her, I truly believe that attitude and faith are more powerful than any other part of cancer treatment!

I hope tomorrow is another great day for you, and I'm sorry we won't be there, but know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Chandy,

I just found out about this beast. My thoughts and prayers are with you. You are an amazing person with amazing strength, attitude, spirit, and family. GO!!! FIGHT!!! WIN!!!

Julie Stewar

Tralar said...

Good you deserve a great day! We are all so excited that the team has made it to the championship round. It gives you something good to focus on besides all the other stuff that isn't so pleasant to think about.