She got out of intensive care late yesterday and seems to be doing well. She tried to get up and walk this morning but got pretty nauseous. I told her if she heaved then I probably would as well so she sat back in bed and we'll try it again in a bit.
Her surgery went well. It went longer than the doctor had hoped because he has some difficulty with her personal anatomy. On the radiated side, he tried to harvest some good vessels for the transplanted tissue but they were so beat up from the radiation that they just disintigrated when he touched them. On the other side, her vessels had alot more "branches" than most people which meant more tedious work under the microscope as he dealt with them.
All in all, the surgery went well and Dr. Ferguson is optimistic that it'll turn out like we're hoping.
Hey, we just went for a walk and she didn't heave! Bonus.
They changed the dressing on her stitches today so she's been a little sore. The doc told us that a lot of women have trouble on day three but bounce back well on day 4. So far, Chandy seems to be doing great.
We're now waiting for lunch and I'm hoping she's not too hungry 'cause I am and I want to mooch off her tray.
Here she is in intensive care...
She's holding up well and I'll post again soon with her progress....
G

0 comments:
Post a Comment