I have really been struggling lately emotionally, which I know is a side effect to the tamoxifen, which is the hormone therapy. It blocks the estrogen in my body, but something has to change. I did talk with Dr Nibley today and he is changing my anti-depressant and Monday I am going in for blood work to look at my thyroid and other things.
I just feel so numb, I don't care about anything, cry over anything and everything, big old mood swings, sleep all the time, no energy and when I do exercise and try to focus and eat healthy it is so consuming and draining that I can't seem to do anything else. I have also gained 20 lbs, since taking the tamox, which I know almost all women who take it gain weight. And for me it is frustrating because I don't have the energy I need to get back into shape. I'm not even sure if I can lose weight taking this pill.
I know I haven't read up on hormone therapy since last year, so over the weekend I need to see what I can do to change the things going on. The hardest part is facing people, everyone always wants to know how I'm doing and they think I'm so brave and courageous, I told Gary it's just so emotionally draining because I feel like I am 'Faking Life.' When someone asks, "How are you?" I want to say, "Oh well, I feel like S...!" Of course I can't really tell people that, and what I am dealing with right now is so much harder than chemo or radiation. They were physical things and this is all emotional. Just to get my day going, run errands, smile at people... I come home and need a nap! I hope that the change in my meds helps, but I did tell Gary that I cannot live like this for the 5 yrs. I'm supposed to take tamox.
Another thing that is just so painful is that I feel like I am letting so many people down, Gary, my kids, my family, friends and neighbors. And in the mean time my kids are in the middle of their lives and it isn't fair to them to have a bum mom who just sits like a bump on a log... I have tried for so long to put on a brave face but it is time to tell the ugly truth! I know it is going to take some time and I recognize that.
I also feel like my whole family has been in crisis mode for the last year and a half and none of us know how to get out of that and back to normal living. Gary and I are meeting with an LDS social services therapist in a few weeks and our boys hopefully will be able to go as well. We all kind of need a kick in the pants back into everyday living.
So there's the jist of what is going on right now, crap! I do still laugh and have good times they just seem to be few and far between. I want more good times and that is what me and my family will be focusing on over the next little while.
Love you all!!! Chandy
Friday, April 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Sissy you are not letting anyone down! You are an amazing woman in the mist of a hard battle. Know how much you are loved and cared for. Heavenly Father knows you more then anyone. Lean on him, and your family. You can make it to the end of this race! I KNOW you can, Gary KNOWS that you can, Mom KNOWS that you can, and Heavenly Father KNOWS that you can!
I love you!
Someone told me once when I was going through a really hard time in my life that it was ok to be mad, Heavenly Father understands. I think if you want to say you feel like crap go ahead and say it!! I think the whole challenge of life (atleast for me) is learning how to be happy where you are! It seems so hard sometimes. I am still trying to figure that out. I love you and am sooooo grateful for your friendship! I feel so lucky to have moved into this ward and become friends with you! I know we haven't been lifelong friends, but somehow it feels like it!:) Perhaps a few more movie nights might help!!!!!:)
You are awesome! We ALL have bad days and sometimes those days last longer than others, even when you're not overcoming the hurdles such as you are, so no worries! It is just nice to hear that you are still working at trying to make things better, no one expects perfection. It's really hard for some of us (I know you and I are alot like this :-) ) that we expect so much from ourselves and we can be harder on ourselves than anyone else. All you can do is do your best each day, even if your best wasn't quite what it was yesterday. I admire you, respect you and love you...you are amazing and this will pass! Big hugs (oooh, but maybe not too squishy if you still hurt! LOL!)
I stopped by to give you a hug and missed you so I am sending airhugs to you today. You are such an amazing woman. I am praying for you.
One of the many things I love so much about you Chandy is your honesty. Thank you for being honest about how you're feeling. True friends want to know how you REALLY are and not the pat answer. I hope you know how much you're loved. The next time I see you I'm going to hug your guts out.
Post a Comment