Ok I'm not a blogger, why I don't know, I think it just really is hard for me to write down all that I am going through. So many of the emotions are hard to put into words. That being said, I have moved on to the next phase in my treatment. I started taking Tamoxifen in July,which blocks the estrogen in my body. It puts me into a forced menopause...and that has not been so fun. Hot flashes, mood swings, fatigue are the big ones. I am slowly getting back to my old self but it will take some time.
Tomorrow I am going to get my next reconstruction surgery where they remove the tissue expander's and put in silicone implants. This is a good step and one I am looking forward to. My only fears I have are about the anesthesia, last time I threw up every time I sat up for 12 hours after my surgery. NO FUN! This time I am going to get the anti-nausea patch before the surgery and that should help. It is an outpatient surgery so I should be home tomorrow afternoon. I will be recuperating for a couple of weeks.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Good luck with surgery, we'll keep you in our prayers and I hope that you do not get sick from the anesthesia! You're such an amazingly strong woman!
SIs you are a trooper! And who cares when you blog, do it for yourself when you want! You are (as always) in our prayers! ROCK it like Ramon!
Oh I didn't know, I need to bring you dinner! I hope it all went well, I can't wait to hear how you are doing. I hope you weren't sick after surgery. Let me know if I can do anything for you!!
Keep the fight sis! Your beautiful and truly amazing! I don't understand . . . ROCK it like Ramon! All my love!
I hope your feeling better now, it's been a few weeks since surgery! I just updated myself on what you've been through for the past few months-your amazing! I cried from that sweet poem your husband wrote, Love is a wonderful thing! Your truly an inspiration to us all, stay strong and you'll always be in our prayers!
Post a Comment